I spend a lot of time in front of my dresser, primping, doing my make up and hair in the mirror or holding a mini fashion show as I get ready for my day. Lately “my” dresser…has been a complete mess…sort of belongs to the whole house because everyday theres a new item thrown in with my stuff, messing wit my chi…Very annoying
Before I got home last night my dresser was a complete disaster; video games mixed with make-up, mixed with coins, receipts and even laundry…pretty much enough to make you pull your hair out.
But when your staying with your in-laws you make the best of the situation. Day dreaming becomes a very powerful tool indeed, and if your waking up in the morning and feeling uninspired by your dresser arrangement heres a few ways to organize and add personality to a mondane dresser top.
- Mirrors: What dresser is complete without the magic tool that confirms your beauty every morning! But more than just a looking glass a small handheld mirror can be used as a collect all for trinkets or perfumes.
- Trays:Another good option for organizing your dresser into various sections organized by color, theme or both. You can get really creative here and the options are endless. Wood, mirrored glass, plastic, metal with or without handles, let your creativity take over.
- Perfumes: Not just containers for your favourite fragrance, perfume bottles often come in beautifully decorated bottles and designs that can be showcased with the rest of your jewels and gems. Even when my perfume is done, I dread throwing away the beautiful bottles!
- Books/Magazines: Reading something good? Organize a few pretty covered books along amongst the rest of your belongings, we don’t want to create a library just ad a “novel” touch [mind the pun ] that adds charm and personality. Even if you don’t read it will make you look like a scholar!
- Flowers: A bouquet of fresh cut flowers, or a bundle of faux petals, which ever you prefer budding perennials will bring life and energy to your dresser, motivating you to look and feel your best everyday.
- Jewelry: You may or may not want your finest pieces out on display but stringing a few pearls or adding a ring case to a dresser so you have all your items ready in waiting can be a stunning visual effect especially if the lighting is just right, they should add a touch of sparkle and glamour to a dry dusty counter.
- Bowls/cups/vases: Yes bowls can be used to organize as well, small finger bowls can be the perfect homey touch to a dresser to hold loose change, small jewelry or odds and ends like buttons and pins that add personality and a lived in warm feeling.
- Table Cloths: Run a table cloth or table runner down the center of your dresser to anchor all the items you have on display. Any time you add a soft material you add warmth try this on a table that maybe cold like one made of metal or glass.
- Lamps: Whether the lights are out or not, lamps add and can even set the tone of your little slice of heaven. They can add height which will add visual intrest instead of having everything the same level. Play with funky shades and bases, these are great items to pick up from thrift stores, they’re inexpensive and add a vintage look.
- Photos: Display images of people and things you love, family, friends, icons or landscapes. Colors and faces will pop and bring life
- Trinkets: I think this is the most important on the list, little trinkets that may have been passed down by parents or grandparents, like medals, bits a pieces of nature like twigs and branches, figurines and